install boot sector

mickey binarynut at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 00:19:08 UTC 2011

F15

Setup F15 hard drive on a different computer /dev/sda and sent hard
drive to a friend to put in his computer as /dev/sdb , behind WindowsXp
and went into the rescue mode to run grub-install /dev/sda , getting a
error message;

"sdc2 Does not have any corresponding BIOS drive".

There is only two hard drives and a DVDrom in this computer,  I can't
understand the sdc2 unless fedora see's this
drive , slave hard drive as sdc2 instead of sdb2 , partition 2 is where
the / partition is for Fedora.
WindowsXP is on Master drive.

Hard Drive is recognized by BIOS as a Slave sdb.

I guess the Device map is different and causing problems, How do I fix
this to get boot sector on /dev/sda

Can the command  grub-install --recheck /dev/sda fix the problem.