Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 10:39:51 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 11:12 AM, Craig White wrote:
> Just look at the feedback on the new Macintosh OS X Lion or Windows 8
> preview... there is a lot of griping about the changes to the UI. It's
> certain that regardless of the OS, changes to the UI will always raise a
> bunch of complaints and the more drastic the changes, the louder the
> complaints. That's not really surprising.

No, but I think the controversy around GNOME 3 is of a different order
from what we've seen before.  This is not just the usual bunch of
complaints.

When Linus Torvalds says "I want my sane interfaces back. I have yet
to meet anybody who likes the unholy mess that is gnome-3" the problem
has to be taken seriously.  (It's not just Linus, but he's a leading
developer who represents the views of many developers.)

Andrew.