Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Sep 28 12:12:28 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 01:37 PM, Craig White wrote:

> Those who are unwilling or unprepared to use leading edge software,
> still under development should probably be using something stable like
> RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux, Ubuntu LTS, Debian or something other
> than Fedora.
Pardon, I had not intended to furtherly extend this thread, but now you
provoking it.

"Prepared for new SW" doesn't mean to swallow all mash being presented
and to uncritically welcome everything new as "brilliant novelty", but
also to make up personal opinions on such SW and to influence the system
as part of the evolutionary process which has made Linux up to date.

That said, I do not swallow the Gnome folks' claim to have implemented a
"revolutionary new approach". IMO, their works, when thinking about them
benevolently, at best is an early stage of a case study, which still has
to prove its viability.

Ralf