Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 12:41:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 12:13:39PM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 11:47 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > Given how small the market is for tablets (compared to the server
> > business) I would find such a statement highly questionable.
>
> If Red Hat is still primarily concerned with the server market, then
> Gnome3 makes even less sense.

I can't speak to the RHEL side of the house WRT desktop environments. I
don't know what the plans are around Gnome 3 and future RHEL releases
based on Fedora 15+. Though I would say that I would find it odd for
servers to have graphical desktops on which the admins depend. Admins
for RHEL systems tend to be the command line type.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/