apache with tomcat

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Sep 28 22:33:46 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 02:59 PM, solarflow99 wrote:
> you'll notice proxy_ajp.conf is gone from httpd.  Now the mod is loaded by
> default anyways with no config, no one knows anything about this, what
> gives?

Yet another update to my postings.  "rpm -q --changelog httpd" reveals
this tidbit:

* Fri Jul 09 2010 Joe Orton <jorton at redhat.com> - 2.2.15-3
- default config tweaks:
 * harden httpd.conf w.r.t. .htaccess restriction (#591293)
 * load mod_substitute, mod_version by default
 * drop proxy_ajp.conf, load mod_proxy_ajp in httpd.conf
 * add commented list of shipped-but-unloaded modules
 * bump up worker defaults a little
 * drop KeepAliveTimeout to 5 secs per upstream
- fix LSB compliance in init script (#522074)
- bundle NOTICE in -tools
- use init script in logrotate postrotate to pick up PIDFILE
- drop some old Obsoletes/Conflicts

So this happened over a year ago.  ALWAYS check the changelogs!
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer, C2 Hosting          ricks at nerd.com -
-   Physics is like sex ... it may give some practical results, but  -
-            that's not why we do it. -- Richard Feynman