BookMarks.html

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:22:12 UTC 2011

mickey wrote:

> I want to move places.sqlite to a new install, do I just copy and paste
> the old
> places.sqlite into the new .mozilla/firefox.default directory ??

What has worked best for me is to show all bookmarks from the menu bar, then
backup the json file to a location. Login to the new system and restore this
json file to the new system.

You can also do the same thing by exporting the bookmarks to an html file and
then importing the html file to the new system (but there is likely a loss of
the other non-bookmark stuff that was saved in the original system).