Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 29 17:09:39 UTC 2011

Am 29.09.2011 19:03, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 09/29/2011 10:30 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 09/29/2011 04:27 AM, Craig White wrote:
>>> I think you are now understanding why few developers monitor the various
>>> users lists.
>>
>> They don't want to know what users think of their work?
>
> As a contributor, one real problem for me is the amount of noise one has
> to filter through to get any meaningful feedback.  If one wants to read
> through all the mails and forum discussions etc, no new development will
> happen

maybe developers should spent some thougts in which state they replace working
solutions with often really good ideas that are not ready for endusers

after making replacements doing the job of the existing solutions really
well AND bring new improvements they users can see their wouldn't be
so much complaints the whole time

giving me a replacement which have a POTENTIAL to make things really better
over the long but have weakness in what is currently used does not help me

why?
because i lose working things and hear only about improvements in the future

this can satifsy only users with a passion to play with their system without
having really work to do with it