[OT] Fedora 18 code name

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Mon Apr 2 14:42:01 UTC 2012

Hiisi wrote:
> On 2 April 2012 17:12, Frantisek Hanzlik <franta at hanzlici.cz> wrote:
>> I think when in future distros will be 1) some Gmome2 fork,
>> 2) instead of systemd upstart/sysvinit again (or as option
>> in conjunction with), and 3) all will not be drived by
>> NetworkManager, then Fedora will be usable promptly after
>> release again. UID/GID increase is IMO OK, and grub2
>> implementation will be sufficiently good soon.
>>
>> Franta
>
> What's wrong about network manager? Personally, I don't use it. To
> delete it is the first thing to do after a fresh install.

I use it on laptops and there reasonably works. But on several
machines with multiple interfaces when I omit uninstall it, I ends
with unaccessible machine where was cripled interface settings or
routing tables - although these was configured as static and routing
with proper route-IFACE and rule-IFACE files. And this occurred even
when NM was not installed, but install after update, when some
updated package depend on it.

Franta