how to use a mailing-list

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Sat Apr 7 21:41:26 UTC 2012

On 7 April 2012 20:04, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> well, reply is enough to act correct
> each list-message has a "Reply-To"-header
>
> so everyone even with gmail must be ignorant to
> say "it is not the fault of the user"
> ________________-

Fascinating as these headers are, lets look back at the headers of the
message Fernando replied to and you called him out for bad etiquette:

To: Fedora List <fedora-list at redhat.com>
	Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

Do you acknowledge that those headers, when replying might cause you
to send your reply to three addresses? Do you understand why that is?
Do you understand why highlighting Fernando for poor etiquette was the
wrong thing to do when the problem is with the list itself. Do you
perhaps feel in any way you should publicly apologise for being wrong
and smearing someone's name? Nope, I thought not - Everyone's wrong
but you I guess.

I also think you have just described me as ignorant for using Gmail.
Thanks for that.

This is you I presume:
http://www.rhsoft.net/show_content.php?sid=2

This is me:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/samsharpe

Given that one of us is a senior engineer for a rather large managed
hosting company and probably spends 50% of his time dealing with mail
issues for thousands of customers and the other one is you, precisely
what is your grounds for calling me ignorant of mail issues? Actually
don't answer that, I probably don't care what you think as it will
probably be a long message about how I am wrong.

--
Sam