how to use a mailing-list

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Sat Apr 7 22:28:12 UTC 2012

On 7 April 2012 23:03, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> so no, you can not impress me with any reference and the fact that
> you stil do not understand why "reply all" is idiotic (to say it clear)
> shows that you are one more of the "big but failing"

At no point have I discussed whether reply to all is correct or
incorrect. At no point have I disagreed or agreed with you on this.
You do not know my feelings on this, it has not been a point of
discussion between us. Please don't attribute viewpoints to me that
you think I should hold because it gives you reason to disagree with
me.

I simply stated that you were wrong to call out one single user for
bad etiquette, given that their reply method was reasonable given the
headers of the message. If you didn't want to make this personal, I
don't see why you named one person in your original email.

The reply had 3 recipients because firstly the Reply-To named the list
and the OP and secondly the To named an alias for the list. One was a
technical fail by the list software for having that alias, the second
was exactly as specified in the Reply-To header. Are you really
arguing this point? If it was just a "Reply" it would have gone to the
OP and to the list (two addresses) and apparently that's still
unacceptable to you and wrong by your definition.

All I want is for you to agree that you were wrong to make that
initial personal accusation and to get on with you life, stop name
dropping Wietse and grow up, you are 34 years old, so start acting it.
I only dropped my credentials in there because you called me ignorant
by implication, but apparently I'm now ignorant because I work for a
big company, even though if you checked you'd see we aren't failing.
Ho hum. Good luck with your career.

--
Sam