AV (RCA) Cable in Fedora and Linux??

Manuel Escudero jmlevick at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 07:29:02 UTC 2012

So here's the thing:

Few days ago, I bought a projector, and this projector has two entrances:

1) Mini USB

2) AV IN

The mini USB only lets you connect an USB Drive via an adapter and read the
data
from it, you can't use it to connect your PC to the projector via USB
cable, the projector
doesn't recognize that connection as a usb device itself, The AV Connection
uses
a female RCA Cable like this one:

http://50.30.33.54/gaolinimages/images/desc/61/20101105/A0366000JE/InsetImage/Practical-1m-35-Audio-to-3-RCA-Female-Cable_2.jpg

(The small black one goes to the projector and the other three females are
free)

So what I tried basically was to connect that cable to the projector and
then used this one:

http://www.pcwizkid.co.uk/images/usb%20to%203rca.jpg

To connect it to the computer via USB, in theory Fedora should recognize
the projector as
a second "monitor" and then the projector should show the image of the
computer in the "AV IN" option right?
but it doesn't happen :S

When I conect the projector to the computer via AV IN => USB neither the
projector
recognizes the computer or the computer the projector, did a test with a
lsusb to confirm...

Am I doing something wrong? does I need a hardware converter or a program
in order to this to work?
Because once I conected my Fedora Laptop to another projector Via VGA cable
and the same thing
happened, with Windows/Mac computers everything worked flawlessly.

Can anyone help??