Can't kill hung remote CP copy

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Apr 14 19:30:05 UTC 2012

On 04/14/2012 12:07 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> every computer i know does a hard power-off pressing the power-button
> for 5 seconds if all other things are failing

This was about ten or twelve years ago.  I'm not sure, but I might have
even had them try that.  (Please note that even then, their laptop was
so old that they needed a screwdriver to remove the battery.  Don't know
what happened after that, as I ended the call and told them to call back
after they'd gotten control of the computer back.)  I do know that when
it happened to me at home, it didn't matter how long I held down the
power button, nothing happened.  Only pulling the plug worked.  Still,
it's nice to know that current computers don't have that problem.