Evolution mail mystery

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 17 02:43:57 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 06:47 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Under certain circumstances, usually when no To: is in the header,

Or, when your own address isn't in there.

> some email servers will add the X-Apparently-To header to the message.

That is, as far as I know, one of *your* mail servers (whether running
on your own box, or your ISP's) doing it, rather than just any mail
server handling mail addressed that way, as the mail went through it.

That way, if you drag in mail from several different mail accounts, you
can use the header to tell which account this message came through.

I have seen some of my ISP's mail servers add such a header, or a
similar one, to all mail sent to me, no matter how it was addressed.
I'm not talking about the few mail servers which leave the outer
envelope address in the headers, that's yet another thing.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.