using mirrors in Fedora 14

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Apr 23 22:47:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:11:39 -0500
Rod McCown <rodmccown at aircanopy.net> wrote:

> You know, I gave a clear enough description of the problem that I've run
> up against here that any of the Unix admins I've talked with that I
> know, didn't have a problem understanding me. And excuse me for not

You've not included the actual logged errors which are critical to any
diagnosis, so no you've not realyl given a clear enough description to
actually solve the problem in your case or diagnose it.

> upgrading this Fedora dist. regularly, but I do have a life away from
> this computer.

If you want something Fedoraish then next update you may want to look at
moving to Centos instead. It's not just a case of having a life away from
the computer, its a case of 'do you have time to deal with the mess if it
got hacked because it no longer gets updates' and any harm it might do
others as a result.

Centos is built off the RHEL base so it'll outlast the hardware
usefulness in most cases and save a lot of updating.

Alan