mount -t nfs4 fails, but mount -t nfs succeeds [SOLVED]

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 27 00:47:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 16:59 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> P.S. I'm not sure why you want to export the entire file system when
> you are not mounting it on the remote end. Your "/" line could be
> removed.

It's usually not advised to share the whole file system, particularly
over an unsecure scheme.  But if you are (as they were), then it becomes
redundant to also share out directories inside it, particularly if
you're not trying to share them out with different options set (and
they're not).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686