"No driver found" when installing F14 to a 2TB drive using netinstall

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 27 20:32:25 UTC 2012

Am 27.04.2012 22:29, schrieb Mike Wright:
> On 04/27/2012 01:11 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>

>> Am 27.04.2012 22:05, schrieb Adam Zilkie:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am getting the following error message during my F14 installation:
>>>
>>> “No driver found”
>>>
>>> “Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type. Would you like to manually select your
>>> driver or use a driver disk?”
>>
>> why in the world are you installing NOW Fedora 14 which is
>> EOL, get no longer any security updates and even Fedora 15
>
> Gnome 3? hahaha.  Now laugh, Reindl ;)

i am KDE user

don't get me wrong - installing a non supported OS these
days is simply idiotic - please do not connect it to the
internet because infected machines are typically used
to attack machines from people who care about security

what is your plan?
staying at F14 forever?

GNOME2 will never come back - switch to another DE
or install CentOS to have some years a GNOME2 OS with
security updates