what does this file mean? C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 11:20:59 UTC 2012

Is there a particular reason you need to use Adobe Reader? I personally
abandoned it years ago in favour of Evince, and I haven't looked back. I
can only remember one instance I had problems opening a PDF, and that was
in regard to security settings being interpreted wrongly. That was over a
year ago though, and it might no longer be an issue.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 April 2012 05:20, Darlene Wallach <freepalestin at dslextreme.com>
> wrote:
> > What does this file mean? I don't understand how I got it in my home
> directory
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Darlene Wallach
> >
> > $ cat C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt
>
> It was only last week that I realised I had that file in my home
> directory. I do have Acrobat Reader installed, but I have had it for
> ages, so why is it that only recently the file
> "C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt" appeared on my home directory?
> Something changed, most likely in Acrobat Reader, though it could also
> be in Firefox or Seamonkey.
>
> Last week when I found the file I deleted it, and today it was there
> again. I deleted it again, googled for a PDF within FF, opened it
> within FF, and presto, "C\:\\nppdf32Log\\debuglog.txt" reappeared. I
> am using Acrobat Reader  v. 9.5.1 03/07/2012 and the most recent
> versions of FF (12) and Seamonkey (2.9) (all upstream Linux builds).
> Anyway it is good to know this is not malware, so I am not
> particularly bothered.
> --

Best,

Christopher Svanefalk