fedora books

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Sun Dec 2 09:46:40 UTC 2012

On 1 December 2012 20:44, NOSpaze <nospaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> You will not find a book about the features of some specific laptop
> model, car model or mobile phone. The same with a distro. A car differs
> to others basically in the way components are assembled. The same with a
> distro. They both share the same components in essence.

What a bull$hit! Recently I've bought a laptop. It's packaged with a
book describing its characteristics. As for the car, you can easily
find what you're looking for in the nearest spare part shop.
Prooflink:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_10534_ln?rh=n%3A10534%2Ck%3Arenault&keywords=renault&ie=UTF8&qid=1354440890&scn=10534&h=1c9d67e5b015df9bb8b773740ed2495a85620674

> A distro differ from others basically in directories organization and
> some scripts. The rest is basically the same among others with the same
> purpose (say, suse, debian, ubuntu). The best way to learn features of a
> distro is using it with some purpose (ie. write a book, handle bank
> accounts, play games). If you want to learn linux, the best kind of
> books are the certification-oriented books.

Directories organization is not the main difference between distros. I
would mention deb/rpm/variants at the first place.
Agreed on certification books.

> :)

{^o^}
--