setting filters in thunderbird.

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 22:57:05 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 07:58 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> How does one set a mail. filter in thunderbird? I want mail from the
> users list, for example tp gp into the users folder.

I find the easiest method is to create your mailbox folder that you wish
to filter messages into first (or use an existing one), then select a
message that would fit the
criteria for your filter, then go to the menu 'Message -> Create Filter
From Message' & then, name your filter, make sure you select the rule
criteria 'any' then enter in the from field the address of the message,
say for instance '<users at lists.fedoraproject.org>', add another field &
select from the drop down menu 'From, to, cc, bcc' & add the same email
address & then select the mailbox you created as its destination & click
'OK'.

Thunderbird will then ask you if you want to run the filter you have
just created, click OK & it will then filter the message in to the mail
folder & will filter all subsequent messages that fit the criteria you
have set up.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical, OS