OT - PogoPlug

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Dec 6 21:30:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 01:04:56PM -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I am looking at getting a PogoPlug from Ebay.  The P21 model that has 4
> USB ports.
>
> The description only lists to EXT3.  I have 2 EXT4 drives that I would
> like to plug into it without reformating (lots of stuff on them).  Does
> anyone know if this will work?

I think I've read that you can mount an EXT4 as EXT3, but you lose
the journaling when you do that. And I don't know what possibly bad
things may happen to the filesystem, if the system modified it while
thinking it was EXT3, that may rear up and bite you later if you
mount it subsequently as EXT4.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?