Transfering files to a Samsung Galaxy III

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 11 22:24:19 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 04:58 PM, Edward M wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 1:45 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I found the USB teather option.  It was greyed out until I connected
>> to my notebook.  Then Fedora recognized the device.  Got my mp4s into
>> the movie directory and were able to view them with the player.  All
>> right, this phone might actually be useful!
>>
>> thanks
>
>     cool! I need to look if my android 4.2 tablet has that feature.
>     i could  not get fedora to mount it, not even  installing mtpfs
> help any.

I did not even 'click' on the teather option until after Fedora had
opened the 'drive' (it offered to open with rhythmbox which I did not
select).  When I DID select teather option, it asked me if I wanted to
subscribe to hotspot (this is a Verizon phone, as I work for Verizon
Enterprise Services ;) ).

So maybe only Verizon Galaxys have this feature  :)