Win7 x64 postscript printer -> samba print Apple Laserwriter not available

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 08:17:50 UTC 2012

Hi folks.

I've got a system where my WinXP (they still work well) workstations have a
virtual printer installed on them.

This virtual printer uses Apple Colour Laserwriter Postscript drivers to
generate PS files which are then printed to a linux server which passes the
file to one of my scripts which then parses the file, extracts data, coverts
the PS to PDF and then inserts the details into a database.

All except the last bit used to be quite common.

My problem is that on the new Win7 x86 PC's the Apple drivers are not
available.  Can anyone point me to compatible drivers, or what I can do
instead.
--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager