ATI legacy/UEFI

Brian West bionicfreeze at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 02:29:18 UTC 2012

I am currently using the ati legacy perpritory drivers on fedora 17
x86_64.  It is my understanding that the version of xorg that will ship
with fedora 18 will not be compatable with these drivers.  Is it likely
that ati will update them? If not is there a way they can still be used
as the open source 3d acceleration is not that great. I dont run windows
or daul boot so if i'm forced to buy a new notebook will the uefi issue
prevent me from installing/running fedora? Thanks in advance for your time

-Brian