Getting to F18

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 16 20:11:55 UTC 2012

Am 16.12.2012 21:07, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> On 12/16/2012 09:12 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> the first and largest mistake in context security you can make
>> is to think you are secure but not have the knowledge to make
>> sure it is so - goodwill and hope is no base for security
>
> OK, what do you, personally, do to protect your LAN from this type of attack?

* trying to understand everything on my systems
  that is why i hate useless changes in fedora
  they often force to relearn things without benefit
* not confirm dialogs blindly
* not enter my root-password where it is no expected to be needed
* not run random binaries
* disable javascript and plugins in FF and use "noscript"-extension
* not click on every funny link
* not use skype and such crapware
* use chkrootkit and rkhunter on any machine