Getting to F18

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Dec 16 21:53:32 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 12:11 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> * trying to understand everything on my systems
>    that is why i hate useless changes in fedora
>    they often force to relearn things without benefit
> * not confirm dialogs blindly
> * not enter my root-password where it is no expected to be needed
> * not run random binaries
> * disable javascript and plugins in FF and use "noscript"-extension
> * not click on every funny link
> * not use skype and such crapware
> * use chkrootkit and rkhunter on any machine

Thank you.  Asked and answered.  As all I have are one desktop and one
laptop, with nothing but private data on them, I don't need to take as
many precautions as a professional does.  Still, I probably practice
almost as much "safe hex" as you do, because I consider numbers 2, 3, 4
and 6 to be simple common sense.  (I also don't use skype, but that's
because I don't have any need for it.)