Simple Question Re: FedUp

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:04:03 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 04:59 PM, Fedora User wrote:
> What problem in preupgrade does it seek to solve and how does it solve
> it?
>
> I have read the documentation and that question doesn't seem to be
> answered.

I'm not sure if there's a SIMPLE problem....but I remember using
preUpgrade to go from F16 to F17 and there seemed to be an issue with it
after the upgrade was complete. I would try to login after restarting
and I got an error message that wouldn't go any further....in the end I
had to install F17 from a clean install DVD. (which worked!) and I
haven't had any problems since then.....and that's what worries me about
this fedup thingie.....because I have a lot of data on this laptop now
that I would hate to lose....and although I back up
regularly......(root....and home) I would still hate to have to restore
all the stuff I have here.....lets just hope that by the time I'm ready
to upgrade....all issues will be resolved....and I won't have to worry...

EGO II