automatic helpers which really suck!

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 02:54:00 UTC 2012

On 12/16/2012 06:35 PM, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 16 December 2012, François Patte sent:
>> And, because there exist dumb programmers, everybody must change his
>> mail reader, until a new stupidity comes in mind of the developpers of
>> the new mail reader you have chosen...
> Unfortunately, that has always been the way.  Software keeps on
> changing, and it's not always an "upgrade."  You can say the same for
> other technology, too.  e.g. Digital radio and TV, with poorer quality
> sound and/or picture, worse reception problems, more complicated to use.
>
> Hence why several of my computers are still on Fedora 9.  They work how
> I want, don't need updating, and I'd have to throw away the hardware and
> buy new expensive hardware to be able to run the current OS on them.
>
>> Death developpers think that people are just playing with computers,
>> they don't work at all, and they have a lot of time to configure their
>> new stupid fantasies.
> I'm not sure what a "death developer" is, it sounds quite awful.  But I
> agree with the complaint that some people just endlessly fiddle with
> their computers, without actually really using them, and think that
> everybody else does the same thing.
>
> Mine actually gets used as a tool, fiddling around with it is the last
> thing I want to do.  It wastes my time having to tweak things to get
> them to do what I want them to.

I on the other hand am curious to see the inner-workings of some of the
apps on my Fedora 17 laptop. ...but I also don't want to have to change
or edit something every time I need to get something done....si I guess
there's a sweet spot / middle ground that some folks can fit into. I'm
past the "point-and-click" phase of computing, and am going to want to
constantly learn how to do things, but I'm also no programmer-level,
super-computing, genius who can do all things with a few lines of code.....

EGO II