F17 - problem with overheating

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Dec 27 14:49:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:36:11 +0100 Paolo De Michele
<paolo at paolodemichele.it> wrote:

> Hi Jim, Ranjan
>

> > Also, have you tried it with other Fedora and non-Fedora
> > distributions/OS/releases? I would first make sure that the problem is
> > isolated to Fedora 17 and not the hardware, kernel, etc.
>
> Honestly I never tried other distributions over fedora (before I was 15
> and then 16 but the problem was the same).
> You advise me to try another distribution?

No, I was trying to ask if this was a hardware issue or a
software/distribution issue. It appears to me based on what you write
here (using F15/16 with same problem) that the issue transcends F17.
Perhaps there is some HW issue? Trying with a live CD of some other
distribution may perhaps isolate and diagnose the problem?

Ranjan