Firefox Tabs -

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:34:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 21:49:10 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:

> On 12/30/2012 08:16 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Because that menu entry only appears after you've changed it via the
> > about:config  boolean and restarted Firefox afterwards.
>
> hasn't been my experience - I've never changed that particular setting
> via about:config but the option to revert to tabs below is always
> there...this machine I'm typing on was just built last week, and my
> Firefox install is fresh as it gets, and the option to not have tabs on
> top was definitely in 'view\toolbar' - it's one of the first things I
> change on a fresh Firefox install

To reproduce:

 1) start firefox
 2) "View > Toolbars > Tabs on Top" menu entry is not there
 3) about:config
 4) "This might void your warranty!" => "I'll be careful, I promise!"
 5) search for "top"
 6) double-click browser.tabs.onTop setting it to "false"
    (tabs are moved immediately)
 7) menu entry still not displayed
 8) restart firefox
 9) menu entry is available!

10) click menu entry to move tabs to top
    (tabs are moved immediately)
11) restart firefox
12) menu entry is not available anymore!

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.11-3.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.06 0.04 0.07