Amarok hangs with recursive search enabled

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:41:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:20:39 -0500, GS (Gene) wrote:

> I think maybe amarok uses mysql but not sure. After this same upgrade
> that I applied on Friday, indexing a large LXR database with mysql took
> a *very* long time, as I mentioned in an previous post. Both of these
> problems seems to start after the Friday update that included a mysql
> update

Which version-release is it? Please don't let readers guess.

> and possibly an amarok upgrade too. (LXR is a add-on sourceforge
> program that consists of perl scripts and is not part of Fedora.)

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/mysql

By now, all Fedora users ought to have heard about the Fedora Updates
System. Use it frequently. Comment on Test Updates early.
Can you reproduce with the current Test Update for MySQL?

There are also convenient web page such as:
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/amarok
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/mysql
You can skim over those pages to search for existing issues and
use the convenience link to report problems.