Cannot log in after boot:-(

don fisher hdf3 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 19:27:12 UTC 2012

On 02/09/12 11:57, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 10:38 AM, don fisher wrote:
>> When I boot to level 2 I receive the login prompt.
>
> Why are you booting into level 2? In the old, pre-systemd days, a
> complete CLI system without X was level 3; is that what you're referring
> to?

I guess I am not sure which level it is. I linked
/lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target  to
/etc/systemd/system/default.target. It may be level 3. The system used
to work until a crash. I restored the system, but something is amiss in
the login verification.

Any other ideas on how to verify the passwd and shadow files?

Don