iptables? issue

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Feb 13 20:33:14 UTC 2012

On 02/13/2012 11:34 AM, nullv at gmx.com wrote:
> I'm hoping that you can point out what i'm missing here. I have a server
> (router0) with a public ip 41.123.234.74/29 that's using an internet
> modem 41.123.234.73/29 as a gateway.

If I'm not mistaken, an IP address with a /XX at the end is used to
define a *range* of addresses, not a single address.  You'd use it to
give the range of addresses on your LAN, or that your DHCP server is set
to give out.  It's not appropriate when giving a specific machine's IP
address unless my understanding of the terminology is worse than I think
it is.  I don't *think* this is part of the issue, here, but it may be
obscuring what's going on.  If nothing else, leaving off where it
doesn't apply may help avoid confusion.