Alsa-utils update broken

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Feb 15 12:10:00 UTC 2012

>>> It caught it,
>>>
>>>     https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-1132/alsa-utils-1.0.25-7.fc16
>>>
>>> but obviously only after the automatic request to push it to stable,
>>> and it does not stop such updates automatically yet.
>> Great, its not even able to catch obvious cases - Fedora is a great
>> experience, isn't it?
> Please refrain from posting similar comments. Negativity doesn't improve
> productivity.

I disagree - Playing down the issues and to wipe them under the carpet
doesn't help anybody.

Fact is: After all these years Fedora is around, rel-eng is still
pushing packages with broken deps, despite QA and AutoQA, and Fedora's
bureaucracy.

I am not blaming the alsa-utils/libs packager(s), I am blaming those
people who are supposed to assure the distros' releases and updates are
consistent.