MariaDB and Fedora

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 16 16:11:44 UTC 2012

Am 16.02.2012 16:56, schrieb Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail:
> I'm wondering why MariaDB not in Fedora yet, is it technical or political? ..
>
> I did saw some discussion in the EPEL list about including MariaDB ,
> and theres argument whether it should replace mysql or should be made
> to run parallel. Understandable for EPEL as thats meant for enterprise
> class packages.
>
> But for Fedora, aint MariaDB should replace MySQL? .. similar to
> LibreOffice replaced OpenOffice ..

you must not include both conflicting packages in the distribution
and please leave us server-admins with "compatible" replacements
for major-services in peace

MariaDB is a nogo because if you are not playing lottery you have
to test every application you are using in every possible scenario
and that for the reason have one OpenSource software replaced
with another one?