Recovery mode. Login as root without password

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Feb 16 21:42:08 UTC 2012

Am 16.02.2012 22:33, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 22:29:09 +0100,
>   Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> it prevents also you accessing your data if fedora
>> does another time one "next big thing change" and
>> after upgrade your encrypted disk is not mounted
>>
>> thanks, but after the last year a no-go
>
> I actually test rawhide and branched and file bugs. As such I have had
> problems with encrypted file systems and software raid early on. I have
> always been able to get back in. This results in things getting fixed
> before the general users see problems. I don't do a lot of install
> testing so some of the recent complaints regarding grub2 and raid I
> didn't run across.

>> before the general users see problems

i was been at the opposite often enough for different things
and if the topic is access to my hard-disk fun is over!

i am one of the people install their OS once all 5-10 years

and yes, as developer doing my job sicne 10 years i know
that it is possible to do big changes and transitions
without any single notice of a enduser, but this has
stopped in fedora after F14

currently the question is not "how many small bugs"
it is "how hardly have they damaged things workd over years"
and "how many hughe troubles i am not aware and hopefully
i notice not if it is too late"

and yes, i have more backups than any other person
but they are for defects and not for prevent against
normal maintainance