Desktop desires and questions

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sun Feb 19 19:33:09 UTC 2012

les wrote:
> The need to click to get to the computer is annoying at its very best
> and a real vocabulary expander in normal use.  Every time I use one
> application and I want to access another I have to click
> 	"activities"
Or press the Windows key
> 	my windows shrink....
> 	and I have to move the mouse to
> 	"applications"
Or type the name of the program, or change the dock at the left of the
screen. You can just drag and drop programs into that list, and they’ll
stay in the order you put them. If you put your commonly-used programs
there, you’ll rarely have to use any other way of launching programs.

You should also examine the various gnome-shell-extension programs, and
especially the gnome-tweak-tool program, which allows you to change a
number of individual niggles.

> 	7.  do whatever else can be done to allow font selection, including
> fontsize as well as icon size for the desktop.  This is an HID
> requirement anyway.

Well, the accessibility icon (the picture of a person) in the top right
of the screen gives you access to large fonts. More control can be got
through the gnome-tweak-tool program.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The "Power Switch" on ATX supplies, like traffic lights
aprilcottage.co.uk | in Paris, really is just a polite suggestion.