upowerd dbus messages in /var/log/messages

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 02:03:15 UTC 2012

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 18:56:57 -0500
Lester M Petrie wrote:

> Hi
>
> The following 2 lines are repeated every 30 secs in /var/log/messages.
> What causes them, or more importantly, how can I stop them.  This is a
> desktop machine running Fedora 16.

Fixing the source of the messages is beyond me, but making them
disappear from the log is possible. Here are my notes on some
annoying message I managed to get rid of:

systemd drivel
==============

There are tons of these messages in the log files:

Nov 18 19:59:01 zooty systemd-logind[936]: New session 413 of user tom.
Nov 18 19:59:02 zooty systemd-logind[936]: Removed session 413.

the rsyslogd filtering should be able to get rid of them:

Make a new file: /etc/rsyslog.d/systemd-drivel.conf

:programname, isequal, "systemd-logind" ~
:msg, contains, "Activating via systemd" ~
:msg, contains, "Activation via systemd failed" ~
:msg, contains, "org.freedesktop.systemd" ~

(While I was in there, tossed in a few more rules to get rid
of other less frequent but still annoying clutter messages.)