Adobe and Google Partnering for Flash Player on Linux

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 08:54:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Alchemist <raimiiic at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2012/02/adobe-and-google-partnering-for-flash-player-on-linux.html
> --

Hopefully, the coming years will see an increasing shift to HTML5
technology over Flash and related, proprietary plugins. YouTube recently
defaulted to WebM (as someone else pointed out), and in my experience it
works just fine. The same should be possible for a majority of other
interactive web features, it is simply a question of investment from the
responsible companies, and these things of course are bound to take time.

Even so, I think progress towards a genuinely open web experience is going
alright.