Adobe and Google Partnering for Flash Player on Linux

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 25 01:02:30 UTC 2012

On 2/23/2012 10:12 PM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
> To all:
>
> Thanks for suggestions for vlc and mplayer. Will try both and see what
> I get.
>
> Paul

VLC works very nicely on my testbed of files. I've got a couple minor
concerns, but that's for me to figure out more about VLC.

Mplayer played the files well, but the gui just didn't work. And dealing
with hot keys rather than a gui seems like an awkward substitute. I'm
going to check into it more next week, hopefully I am just missing
something.

The great news is I don't think I am in need of Totem (or, as far as I
am concerned, "broken Totem"). If my memory is correct, that should be
the last of the blockers to my moving to F16 Xfce.

And that is something I really thank everyone on the list for (there's
been other issues that this list has been great with helping me solve).

Paul