Scan does not work on either F-16 box -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Feb 25 01:05:33 UTC 2012

On 24/02/12 19:17, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> That's the wrong file. The device file would have been '012' in that
> directory. I've done a "yum groupinstall XFCE" here for a very brief
> test, but when logging into XFCE (albeit from GDM), the user access
> ACL entry on the device file is set automatically when plugging in the
> scanner. So, that hasn't been enough to reproduce the problem. Perhaps
> just the XFCE Spin is affected?

        Or just my copy? I installed both from the same flash drive.
        That seems improbable though. It also seems likely that others
        should have observed the same problem by now. Something else I
        have installed may have resulted in this?

        I could install another drive in this computer temporarily and
        install F-16 to that from the same flash drive and see if it
        still has the problem before adding anything else. Can't do that
        until tomorrow though ...

        Bob