Is it possible to setup read-only root ?

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 03:12:28 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 12:17 PM, jdow wrote:
> [SNIP]

> The equivalent is done with live CDs you know.
>
> {^_^}

I think you just supplied the answer! I didn't think of it, but the
equivalent of a live CD is exactly what I need. Now I just need to
figure out how to build a live CD like system, minus the compressed
filesystem stuff and I should be there.

I should have mentioned earlier that this box is going to be a dedicated
media player, with the compact flash drive as it's only disc. I know I
should probably just use openelec or geexbox, but that would take all
the fun out of it. I will try to steal the init system from one of these
dedicated distributions, but I really want to build the system with
Fedora packages as much as possible.

Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge.

John