Network Install

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 2 13:03:38 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 01:42 PM, Celso Viana wrote:
> 2012/7/2 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 <n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com>:
>> On 07/02/2012 11:13 AM, Celso Viana wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> FC17 does not exist in the installation option "askmethod." how we can
>> install it via network?
>>
>> That does sound like a mistake, but I know that the network install CD
>> definitely works as I have used it for both a fresh install and to update
>> from 16. Due to the changes made to the Linux directory usage from Fedora 16
>> to 17 I'd recommend this method.
>>
>> All credit to the Fedora 17 team, I have it working well on a PC and a
>> Netbook. I would like to see some tools to simplify grub2 configuration, but
>> that's not a problem, it's just a little bit more complicated to configure
>> grub2.
>>
>> cpp4ever
>>

>> --
>>
> Versions prior to FC17, using the "askmethod" worked very well.
> Started up the machine with the netinstall CD and typed at the prompt:
> boot: linux askmethod. After you choose the media source (if NFS)
> anaconda was already loaded on the remote machine (I think) and I
> could eject the CD and to install another machine. In FC17'm using:
> boot: linux repo = nfs: 192.168.1.1 :/ fedora. It works, but can not
> remove the media from the CD / DVD, which is too bad because 30 medias
> need installation.
>
> Thanks

The other possibility is to create a bootable USB flash drive from the
network install CD iso. This worked for my Netbook that doesn't have a
DVD/CD drive. Take a look at either unetbootin or liveUSBcreator to
create the required USB flash drive, as these provide the easiest
methods for doing so..

cpp4ever