Gnome-rdp (re-post)

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Jul 2 14:49:54 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 22:35 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> Cute.....
>
> Going to have a "I've been to more places than you have" contest?   :-)
>
> I guess that means it is my turn to recount the adventures I had in India with
> satellite links and trying to do LDAP directory replication to Kenya.  :-) :-)

Only if we follow it up with a "My dad is bigger than your dad"
contest... :-)

...And LDAP directory replication is evil. :-)

> > First, OpenVPN is different from vpnc. The only thing they have in
> > common is that they are both essentially plugins for Network Manager. I
> > wrote that there's an issue with vpnc.
>
> No kidding.....  Of course they are "different".  I just thought I'd mention it since
> I have it working locally as well as "remotely".

OK - But that just shows that there's likely not a problem with the
openvpn plugin. It doesn't help with vpnc.

> >> Oh, just to clarify, I said you had 2 issues.  DNS and RDP....I never suggested they
> >> were linked.  Sorry if you misunderstood me.
> > ...Except that your diagnosis was wrong from the start, and I didn't
> > misunderstand you there. I wrote repeatedly that there was not a DNS
> > issue here and was supplying relevant information to show it. I think it
> > was you who misunderstood me. I mentioned I had two issues, but they are
> > Network Manager / vpnc and RDP. I never wrote that I had an issue with
> > DNS. You must have me confused with someone else (Lawrence, perhaps?)...
>
> I didn't confuse you with Lawrence.   But since you seemed to be picking up where he
> left off....
>
> Maybe you have to fix his understanding of things.  :-)

Lawrence would probably tell you himself that I often have to fix his
understanding of things. :-) He sometimes does that for me too.
Considering he's mainly self-taught, what he actually knows is pretty
impressive.

> Like I mentioned.....
>
> Since it does work for me ... and I'm using F16 ... and it doesn't work for you ...
> and you are using F16 ... you can try connecting to my Win2008 Server system to see
> if the symptoms for you are the same.
>
> I'm always happy to try and recreate the failure.  Just so happens I can't  at the
> moment.  Post the bugzilla....  And try my system....  You may find something
> interesting.

Happy to give this a shot as well. I'll send info offline for that.

Chris