And don't let the door hit you on the way out

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:35:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Robert Myers <rbmyersusa at gmail.com> wrote:
> It should have been clear, but I suppose I must state it explicitly,
> that I do not care either for Adobe or for Flash, but I have no choice
> but to use them, which means that Fedora cannot be my primary OS

So you're negating the technical facts about the sudden lack of
availability of a propietary piece of software by its vendor, and
assume that Fedora should do "something" about it, you're not sure of
what, but something. Purchase Adobe? reverse-engineer Flash? Both
sounds like expensive propositions, for little gain...

Flash is on the way out, if you haven't heard about it.

Even Youtube is available in a version that uses the HTML5 VIDEO tag
and open codecs like WebM (VP8).
Eventually, all sites will have to migrate to open standards like
DHTML and HTML5...

FC