USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:51:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 17:44:12 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 07/04/2012 05:40 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > User has not lost access to this email address. No list-owner help is
> > necessary. It's trivial to visit the following page, enter the email
> > address at the bottom and then either "Unsubscribe" (or, optionally, trigger
> > the "Password reminder" with the goal of logging in to the web site to play
> > with other options).

> >   -> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/options/users
> >
> > Anybody can request unsubscription of an arbitrary email address, btw, and
> > the process is protected with a confirmation message the subscriber must
> > react to.
>
> When I read the other posts I got the impression that the OP had gone through the
> unsubscribe process, but is still getting list mail.  Then, tried to unsubscribe
> again, but can't login to the list page to do it again.

Well, we can only guess, and we could waste time with trying to reproduce
the problem.  But in either case, it is _not_ necessary to login to the
list page for the unsubscription button.

I see no immediate reason why unsubscribing should not work anymore.

> If that is what is going on I see no harm in contacting the list owners and asking
> them to perform a bit of manual labor.

No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.