USER SHOULD BE UNSUBSCRIBED

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jul 4 10:17:47 UTC 2012

On 07/04/2012 06:08 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 04.07.2012 12:03, schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> On 07/04/2012 05:51 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>> No harm, but increased risk that the list owner(s) will be flooded with such
>>> requests unnecessarily by lazy people who could unsubscribe themselves.
>> I am pretty sure that my mentioning it isn't going to cause a flood of workload for
>> anyone. Besides their email address is already known.
> that does not matter, the way to go is with the link in the
> footer or reading mail-headers which are in each mail of
> any mailing-list

> Sender: users-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org
>
>> I wouldn't characterize people as lazy who have problems with computer systems.
>> If I did, I'd have to call my parents lazy :-)
> not reading mail-footers and naively post to the whole list "unsubscribe me"
> is a combination of lazy/dumb - what do such people expect? that anybody
> can unsubscribe everyone just for fun - this is not realistic

While you are basically correct, it seemed as if the OP had gone along this path but
somehow finds himself in a situation where he got a confirmation of un-subscription
but is still getting list emails.

Rather than argue endlessly about how to do it, who is right....and on and on.  Going
to the list owners is reasonable.

Like I said, my parents....who are neither lazy nor dumb....have found themselves in
situations they could not understand and get around.  So, they make a phone call and
get "customer support".

So...  Since the OP seems satisfied with taking that route...maybe it would be a good
idea to just let this drop?  And, since the OP wants to be un-subscribed, we need not
reply to him.  Pretend he doesn't exist?

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage