Is Gnome becoming a Microsoft project?

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Wed Jul 4 19:29:39 UTC 2012

On 04.07.2012 19:33, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 04:48 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
>> On 04.07.2012 05:28, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTEzMjM
>>>
>>> I'd rather see more Gnome projects using OpenJDK and
>>> http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/ rather than the .Net clone Mono.
>> Java? This fat and ugly pig? Must be a joke. Gnome should focus on C/C++
>> with Vala and Python as supporting languages.
> Woo hoo!  Language flame wars!  Let's go!
>
> Andrew.

No, no! It's not yet another flame war. I was referring to weight of JRE
and browser plugins and it's imperfections. I don't care about language
itself. If people like it's syntax it's theirs decision. But please Java
lovers answer me why am I having problems running Java applets like
internet banking in my Firefox on Fedora if it's so superior and very
well supported environment? I agree that Java environment is good for
academic usage but I don't buy it as a dumb computer user.

Mateusz Marzantowicz