gnote data imported to cherrytree

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 6 14:30:05 UTC 2012

> On 07/06/2012 01:51 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Since at least F16 Fedora has included a progrwam for taking notes
> > called cherrytree seemingly a substitute for gnote or Tomboy.
> >
> > Now when you choose the import option one of the sub-options is to
> > import daqta from tomboy. Now tomboy does not exist since it was
> > succeeded by gnote. My impression is that tomboy and gnote used the same
> > dat structures but I can't get cherrytree to import my gnotw data.
> > Is cherrytree the future. If so does anyone know how the gnote data can
> > be imported into cherrytree?
>
> Tomboy stores its notes in .local/share/tomboy according to
> https://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/Directories.   gnote stores its notes in
> .local/share/gnote.  Perhaps you can create the tomboy directory and
> copy from latter to former and see if cherrytree picks that up.
>
> Rahul

Well I copied the gnote directory in to a tomboy directory.
However, I can't get cherrytree to display a directory (i.e. .local)
which is hidden. How would one do that?

My second attempt is to copy the tomboy directory to /tmp. Now the filwe
is available to cherrytree but clicking open has no effect,

So how can the transfer of databases be done?
Referring to a book: I read part of it all the way through. -Samuel
Goldwyn
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net