F17- Internal USB hub not working

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Sun Jul 8 15:55:08 UTC 2012

Jack Craig ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 08/07/2012 16:33:

> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM, antonio montagnani
> <antonio.montagnani at alice.it <mailto:antonio.montagnani at alice.it>> wrote:
>
>     Il 08/07/2012 01:48, Mikkel L. Ellertson ha scritto:

>         On 07/07/2012 12:06 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>
>             I installed a cheap USB hub and multi-card reader.
>             I get it working only as card reader, nothing seems be working
>
>         when external devices are connected.
>

>             Output of lsusb is:
>
>             lsusb
>             Bus 001 Device 009: ID 045e:0728 Microsoft Corp.
>             Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 TERMINUS TECHNOLOGY INC.
>             USB-2.0
>
>         4-Port HUB
>
>             Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04e8:3268 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
>
>         ML-1610 Mono Laser Printer
>
>             Bus 005 Device 002: ID 058f:6366 Alcor Micro Corp. Multi
>             Flash Reader
>             Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
>             Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>             Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>             Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>             Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
>
>             I think that the device is:
>             Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 TERMINUS TECHNOLOGY INC.
>             USB-2.0
>
>         4-Port HUB
>

>             and
>             Bus 005 Device 002: ID 058f:6366 Alcor Micro Corp. Multi
>             Flash Reader
>
>             Any idea where to look??
>
>         You can try it on another computer. But I suspect that you have a
>         defective unit.
>
>         Dumb question - do you have a power supply connected to it, or are
>         you running it "bus powered"? If you do not have an external power
>         supply for it, then do not expect to be able to use any "bus
>         powered" devices with it.
>
>         Mikkel
>         - --
>         Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and
>         taste good with Ketchup!
>
>     tnx for the reply.
>     No, it is an internal combo card supplied by LinQ, so it is directly
>     connected to an USB connector (no power supply) of an olf motherboard.
>
>     I cannot try on another computer, as this is the only desktop
>     available (and I cannot check also if it is running in Windows, as
>     it only Fedora-powered).
>     The device is recognized anyway
>
>     Antonio Montagnani
>
>     Linux Fedora 17 Beefy Miracles
>     Acer 5670
>

> FWIW, ...
>
> when I was doing libusb work, i came across ways to make discovery more
> verbose, have you looked at the libusb site? yell if you'd like a bit of
> digging on my part...
>
> Just a thought, ...

do you mean this output??? Tnx for help

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a40:0101 TERMINUS TECHNOLOGY INC. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceClass            9 Hub
   bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
   bDeviceProtocol         1 Single TT
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x1a40 TERMINUS TECHNOLOGY INC.
   idProduct          0x0101 USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
   bcdDevice            1.11
   iManufacturer           0
   iProduct                1
   iSerial                 0
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           25
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0xe0
       Self Powered
       Remote Wakeup
     MaxPower              100mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           1
       bInterfaceClass         9 Hub
       bInterfaceSubClass      0 Unused
       bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            3
           Transfer Type            Interrupt
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0001  1x 1 bytes
         bInterval              12

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 058f:6366 Alcor Micro Corp. Multi Flash Reader
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x058f Alcor Micro Corp.
   idProduct          0x6366 Multi Flash Reader
   bcdDevice            1.00
   iManufacturer           1
   iProduct                2
   iSerial                 3
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           32
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower              100mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
       bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
       bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk (Zip)
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  1x 64 bytes
         bInterval               0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F17 Beta (Beefy Miracle) on desktop

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it