Matching message headers in mutt hooks

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:03:11 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 05:02:55PM +0200, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 08.07.2012, suvayu ali wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for the confirmation! I am liking mutt a lot. I think
> > I'll fiddle some more. :)
>
> You're welcome! Mutt has served me as a mail client over a long time,
> and though I've looked at other clients as well, none could really
> convince me. When I need access to my incoming email when I'm
> travelling, I use an IMAP-client, though (tried wanderlust some time,
> but decided to go with the much more stable Mew - I'm using emacs a lot).

You might find these posts helpful, where I describe a set of mail
handling apps using mutt, offlineimap, and postfix:

http://paul.frields.org/2009/07/12/best-in-show/
http://paul.frields.org/2009/07/18/best-in-show-gets-better/

There are many other ways to implement the same functionality.  This
was one I worked out for myself, and it's apparently worked for other
people as well.